Saturday, April 30, 2011

22 cents...what to do?

ok, last time was a false alarm, this time i am truly done with saturday school!!! for real,real,real reeeeal.

after saturday school i went straight to u.s. toy to get some cheap toys for my students who have 'worked so hard this year.' as i was looking, i saw so many things that i wanted to get because they just looked like fun for me (the fake mustaches, fun hats and glasses...i didn't get them because i knew i would want to keep them) amongst the many items i found, i did get a bag of small kaleidoscopes-which reminded me of when i lived in illinois and my dad pastored a church. we'd have contests, and one sunday i won one-i think they are soooo cool! i am mesmerized by the various designs that are created! somehow that reminded me of one of the last sundays that we were there because we the church was welcoming the new pastor and his family, and i may or may not have gotten in a little tiff with the new pastor's daughter; it was one of those 'my dad's better than your dad' fights. i don't remember really being in any other fights....ever. although i have wondered how i'd fair in a fight.

checked my mailbox when i got home and at&t was appreciative enough after all of our time together to accept my rejection by sending me a refund for my last payment.
really at&t? was it worth it? you spent more on the check itself and the postage. but ya' know what? i'm still going to cash it-you're not getting a pass, at&t...you robbed me blind for so long, now i'm taking your whole 22 cents and i'm putting it in savings or something...i know you were hoping that it was so insignificant that i wouldn't cash it, BUT I AM!! 

tonight after i took bruno and chaco for a walk, i got back and i had to go to glorias. i just had to have their chips and bean dip, and i knew if i ordered the fish, i'd have leftovers! (i may have had to get the tres leches as well-i told you that story..i just cannot pass it up!) last minute craving, so i went alone...with some schoolwork. i'm so glad that i am comfortable going places alone and it's not awkward! it's easier to people watch or finish things that i get distracted doing at home! as fun as it is to go alone...if stevie were still in dallas, i DEFinintely would've dragged her along! (that used to be a fun hang out time)!

something is wrong with me because as soon as i was leaving glorias (full...up to the neck full), i passed by the original house of pancakes and i immediately wanted to go to breakfast there! i went for the first time ever with my friend bmayes and i have never had such delicious pancakes and syrup! then i went again with my sweet friend carla (from HONDURAS-who just had a precious baby girl!)...and i'm just looking for an excuse to go again soon! oh and the bacon is thick and amazing, you can tell it comes from a real pig!!!

when i got home tonight, the boys had just finished watching a news special about the tornadoes. bruno looked at me and said, "if a tornado comes to us, can we go onto the roof and watch it?" what part of the special did he not understand?

hoping for rain tomorrow!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment