Friday, April 22, 2011

nothing can ruin your day quite like an easter egg hunt

not gonna' lie, i'm a bad loser. i knew i wouldn't find anything. i knew it! i never do. i never win drawings, i've just never been lucky at those things. which really irks me about this morning. i told myself that i wasn't going to blog about the egg hunt because it was more frustrating than fun.i guess i lied to myself. so when i got back to my classroom empty-handed, i was in a foul mood. and it took everything in my to might to smile as the last person who found the last egg walked by saying, "i found the last egg!" when in my mind i was thinking something to the effect of...well, let's just leave it at that; besides, it's difficult to think bad thoughts about someone wearing a neck brace!

in fact, i was so p.o'd after i brought the kids up to the classroom, that i fixed my harry potter wand, and told them i was so mad that if the easter bunny came in-i would turn it into chocolate and eat it.
sorry, harry, Expelliarmus got nothin' on me! (i had to look up the 'spell'-ing)
i had to think about why i was in such a sour mood and here's my list (by the way, it's afternoon and i'm still a little bitter):
1. cramps since 4:30 am-i got up a couple of times and stretched and tossed and turned
2. missed breakfast for egg hunt and found nothing (and still didn't get a chance to go down to get anything)
3. didn't even get chocolate or anything...i might have to redeem this day with a bag of chocolate whopper bird eggs...pray for me that i don't slip into a sugar-induced-coma.

fortunately i have amazing students-i think they might've felt sorry for the losers...they gave me:

yeah, i got lots of pals.

this experience has prompted me to get a slew of plastic eggs to fill with treats and hide them all over the living room for the boys...and by hide i mean put them on the floor. i was going to just do a couple of treats, and have some empty eggs so they would have to sniff them out, but i think i might just fill them all because i want them to feel like big winners!
then we'll sit around in a triangle and i'll read the real easter story to them so they can appreciate the true meaning of Easter and the resurrection!

i am thrilled beyond description about the fact that tomorrow i get to sleep in with no saturday school!! i don't even know what i'm going to do with myself! but don't worry, i'm pretty sure that i can figure out something!

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment