Monday, April 11, 2011

5hours5minutes46seconds

yes, 5 hours, 5 minutes, and 46 seconds. that's  how long it took to download the program to get rid of the virus on my computer, but it's gone! what a pain.

so last night or early this morning, i woke up (light sleeper) and i heard the tornado sirens in the distance..at least i think it was. i knew we were supposed to get thunderstorms, therefore i had my stuff ready there by my bed.
these both fit in the palm of my hand-compact.
yes, that is an emergency radio that is solar AND crank, and i can plug my phone into it to charge it if necessary! (i got it at radio shack last month and i got the flashlight/nightlight free! you heard me right, WHAT A DEAL!) i was kinda' hoping to get a chance to use it. the ironic thing is that i also have my regular radio/cd player and mag-lite by my bed too.

i think it was the alarms that woke me up. i just remember being slightly groggy and trying to figure out what was going on. the lightning was flashing and there was a little thunder. the dogs didn't even stir...i turned on the mini-radio for a minute and listened to the reports (which i vaguely even remember) i know my brain was trying to process the area of the storm, but i gave up when they were saying that the storm was on I35 between mile markers....and...? really? i have no idea what mile markers i live between, do you?! so i got up and turned on the tv until i figured out that we were safe.

another reason i don't like 3rd floor...the tornado's taking us first...and let's face it, i'm still a little weirded out by the idea of cows and dorothy's neighbor riding her bike past the window in the midst of a tornado.

but it passed us by and school was very normal.

i had just had a conversation with my friend at school about the carpet situation. i told her they had actually kinda gotten at 2 other areas a little bit as well. we discussed what in the world to do about it, and when i got home...
once again...(you can see his dish in the background)
and now i'm going to have to fence chaco in again. i know it was him. so...instead of yelling at him, which accomplishes nothing, (which i had to say to myself out loud a couple of times)..instead of yelling, i found a little side of frosting from the day i got the cinnabons. yes, well, i forgot to mention that the lady asked if i needed extra plastic-ware or frosting. i said yes to both. (to the plastic-ware b/c i didn't want her to think i was a glutton- eating it all alone; and yes to the frosting, because i think God was prompting my heart)...and God knew i would need it because sugar is like love..it covers over a multitude of sins.

so i may have gotten frosting on my fingers..and then i may or may not have had to lick them...the water was off-yeah, that's it..so as i was licking them, i kept wondering why the frosting wasn't coming off of my fingers...darn it...forgot i was painting something white earlier. boo.

the demographics of my apt complex is changing. i don't know exactly what was going on just now, but there were some really loud voices in the hall-shouting and i heard someone say to them, "keep it down." and of course the bruno and chaco were ready to go at 'em...well, it stopped for 10 seconds, then i heard them again in the parking lot, and now i was not just curious, but a little angry. no one is coming into my area and acting that way, so i looked over the rail and saw 3 guys-high school or college, i don't know, but i gave one sharp whistle to get their attention and then in my most stern teacher voice i said, "CHILL OUT." they were looking up at me and they stopped and said, "sorry ma'am" and i didn't hear them again. i'm the intimidating white girl with the yorkies...right.

anyhoo, on that note, i am off to bed,
julie

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at this comment,

    "i kept wondering why the frosting wasn't coming off of my fingers...darn it...forgot i was painting something white earlier. boo."

    that a little snot came out of my nose. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad i could help clear out your sinuses!! ;)

    ReplyDelete