Tuesday, April 19, 2011

faith is turning my arm green...let's give something away!!

chaco has a new habit. he gets his squeaky toy and climbs up on the couch, squeaks it a few times then drops it...on purpose, and then puts on puppy dog face (which takes a moment to decipher because it's so natural), then says, "momma, can you pick up my toy?" i like to call it the jenni o'halloran move.
notice the homemade stairs and the tom thumb carry-all (currently transporting student projects

i used to have a kamper a long time ago who used to do silly things: jrob, will you blow dry my hair? jrob, will you brush my teeth? then at night we'd turn out the lights and most of the kampers would be in their beds when i'd hear, "jrob, will you pick up my pig?" after i answered with a yes, we'd all hear a thud and then giggles. oh kamp, how do i miss thee? 

those of you who have fb saw my post line yesterday that went with chaco's pic, he rolled over and said, "hey momma, i'm buddha! RUB.MY. BE-LLY!" he's not demanding at all. bruno, on the other hand will lay next to me, but if i start to pet him, he'll kinda' try to pull his shoulder out of reach, and if i continue, he gets whiny and says, "stooop it." and just walks away. they are so, so different in personality!

well, tonight i came home and i noticed a strange green marking on my arm.
not the bracelet, the lighter green band around my arm!

i noticed it last night too-wasn't sure what it was, so last night i might have tasted it...(?) and it was pretty nasty, but it washed off. don't ask what was going through my head to make me taste it, because i don't even know. well, tonight i thought and thought, and finally it came to me! faith is turning my arm green! i got this amazing bracelet for Christmas some time ago from my small group bible study gals, and i've been wearing it religiously the last couple of weeks, because  it's that time of year! 
now faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.
 so i looked up why my skin turned green because i am a curious person. 
it's a reaction between our skin and the metals used in jewelry, especially when the jewelry touches areas that perspire.
and there you have it, i should not wear any jewelry from now til the end of the school year because i will be perspiring..it's what we do in my classroom! the ac is almost certain to not be working in my room before summer.

i like to celebrate the small things! this morning i woke up and noticed that my silly, little blog had broke the 1000 mark! (1,001-which i loved because i really think palindromes are cool!) so to celebrate, i am going to do a giveaway!!! woohoo! sorry, it's not going to be dried fruit, sorry! 


actually, i think to kick off a fun beginning, i'm going to celebrate with something i've already shown you! STATIONERY!!! i'll be putting together 3 packages of cards, notecards, and mini cards, so if you want to be part of the giveaway, be sure to leave a comment on THIS POST! make sure to post before sunday p.m. at 7!





let your friends know, because i'm guessing that if you're still reading my blog it's because it has in some way or another entertained you, and who doesn't need a little non-intellectual stimulation once in awhile!!

have faith..but keep it off of your arms! (and if it gets on your arms, definitely avoid licking it!!)
julie

p.s. as i began writing tonight, the tornado sirens went off again, and i had to explain to bruno that it was not, in fact, the ice cream man.
 

8 comments:

  1. I so love your stationary--I always have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules. I love those cards! And I am moving. I think it is a sign. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I want one I want one I want one!! (As I wave my hands frantically in the air) :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pick me pick me!!! And by the way dried fruit would be awesome too. Thank you for my bed time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could just split the stationery between those people who love your work and actually responded....if not ....then pick me! :) Jory

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting angry...this is like the 8th time I've tried to comment....something about pirates...something about chacos...the usual. I'll try again later when I'm not about to throw my computer

    ReplyDelete
  7. B. Boyce again. I think this is the right one?? Anyfoo, still praying....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late...but I LOVE your stationary. Duh.

    ReplyDelete