Friday, January 20, 2012

gotta be smarter than the mug

this morning i left the pantry door open again and before i knew it, i heard something going on out in the living room.a lot of rustling.
i'm pretty sure it was bruno's gig and chaco had nothing to do with it-notice how he's standing back there.

what? what's wrong?
after i put the treats away, i laid down on the floor to hang out with the boys and bruno came up to my ear and "told me a secret." but really he was just licking my ear to tickle me. then chaco came running up and said, "me too! i want to tell you secrets!" and he proceeded to lick my entire face-nose, mouth, forehead...he doesn't quite get the concept of secret.

remember how maria got me the awesome purple and white coffee mug so that i would stop spilling all over myself? well...i forgot to share this story about a week or two ago, but here you have it. the cup is only as good as the user. it doesn't work very well if you don't screw the top on correctly. boo. so, i spilled coffee all over the front of my white sweater. bad way to start the day... and i was already at school, so before anyone got there, i grabbed some baby wipes (when i worked at eddie bauer, we used then to get make-up off clothing people tried in the dressing rooms). well...good thing ladies trying on clothing don't wear coffee as makeup, because baby wipes did not work. plan b. i turned it around, which worked fine because it had a high neck, so apart from the tag it looks the same. but that tag...i had to go into the bathroom later and cut it out!

i wore a jacket over it most of the day so no one would see the strange discoloration on my back. when i got home, i looked at the sweater a little closer and it was stained, but it was also wearing thin, so i threw it out.
 you can be sure that i double check every time i tighten the mug lid now! i just thought of that because i was sitting here drinking some coffee in my cool mug!

goodnight! good weekend!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment