Sunday, January 8, 2012

don't eat the hair! no danglers!!

i usually opt for my keens in the winter-ish time because i can wear socks with them. on friday, i received a compliment from one of my students on my socks. smile. i told her that they were my Christmas socks, but now, they are my new year's socks.
gray, white and red can be considered new year's, right?
i mentioned in a post awhile back that i had my 3 favorite pair of shoes that i like to wear. well, the other day i had to go to a meeting with my new principal, and so i decided to play it safe. i wore casual, dress shoes. strangely i had a dream the other night that she had seen me in my comfortable shoes and basically said, "please never wear those again." now, remember, this was only in a dream, but still, better safe than sorry!

after school, i went to the 1/2 price bookstore and sold back some books (including the gre study books) and while i was waiting, i went to the little-kid book section.
i really do have an affinity for 1/2 price books...
i went around the entire store while i was waiting for them to price out my books. up front they had flying monkeys. the ones that make noises. i love those monkeys! in fact, i had one, but it got lost at kamp somehow...imagine that! i also perused the stationery section-love, love, love!

when i finally got my overhead page, i went back and they offered me less than i expected, but i took it anyway. i'm sure they are going to make a dime off my books. jerks. oh well, at least i get a bunch of books i don't need and videos i will never watch again out of the house and it's not as cluttered!

so, everyone knows that chaco is a little dog. i'm pretty sure he's still all of 4.5 lbs. well, he finds my hair on the floor and eats it. the problem with this is that when it goes through his digestive system, it doesn't all just pass through in one shot.(if you recall, i have had to train them to use a potty pad and they almost never go outside when we go for walks-which is frustrating). well, sometimes when he does his number, he has a dangler. and he does NOT like that. in these situations, he just stays real quiet and stands there. half of the time i don't notice until quite a while later, when i'm wondering where in the world he is. then i go to find him and he's looking up at me with his big puppy-dog eyes and he usually says something to the effect of "c'mon, mama! what took you so long?" (fitting) and i have to do the mom-thing and grab the dangler with kleenex and dispose of it. chaco doesn't like to be dirty, which i am thankful for, because this keeps him from going and sitting on it, trying to wipe it on the carpet, etc. i only mentioned that because it just happened.

later,
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment