Thursday, January 7, 2016

the prayer problem-or lack thereof

so...the past couple of days we have been in the training room at school with different grade levels working on data and intervention plans.which basically means it's been a little like this meme for me. i totally welcomed the occasional texts this morning for help with the MAP testing, and excused myself to go up and help in whatever capacity possible!! oh, you need to use the bathroom? sure i can come up to relieve you! no worries!!

yep, true story. 

today i was informed by a precious friend at school that she did not feel i was myself. 'not the firecracker, spunky julie' i think she may have been right, but i'm working through that. i am actually in the middle book about prayer that is taking me back to when i used to actually prayer journal-i was am a huge becki tirabassi fan, and 'my prayer partner' was a huge deal to me! i went through that binder and the extra packs of paper... i was consistent-and God was faithful! when did i stop doing that? what caused me to lose that focus? obvious answer here, but i really miss that, and i am actually going to begin to do this again, because one of the things that strengthens my relationship with God more than anything is that communication and awareness of my need and that he truly is the only one who is always there-no fail-

and to be honest, when i am not in a cycle of prayer, my focus is dimmed and blurry...my passion watered down. i begin to let things that shouldn't bother me, bother me. i need to settle myself and fall in love with my prayer life again. 

so today my knee was still a bit stiff- it felt kinda like something had been strained-perhaps just over-worked..i tried to start my walk with a run, but two steps and i was convinced that it was just going to have to be a walk, so we took off (me and the band...you didn't realize NEED TO BREATHE were into walking?) guessing that people didn't really appreciate me singing at a certain point with one of the songs i may or may not have had on repeat for the last half hour...deal wit it! it was a beautiful day and i couldn't keep myself from smiling! and amazingly enough, by the end of that walk, i didn't even notice my knee, so hopefully it's just as good tomorrow as it is right now (says me as i sit on the couch exerting 0-force) that's what fresh air, positive music and exercise will do for ya!

i'm missing excitement. my life was never meant to be boring...i am in dire need of something. not sure what, but do you ever just kinda feel antsy but with no real reason why? totally me. something's gotta give. 

goodnight!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment