Thursday, January 28, 2016

all about spring break (and any other possible break) because life needs breaks!

another off-campus teacher observation done! 2 down, 8 more to go...sigh. the never-ending-story was better as a children's movie than in real life.

but then the fun continued and i got to do some curriculum pacing guides with some of my favorite coaches-half and half sarcastic...i really DO like the other coaches, they get me-we share a common bondage. 

i did get two especially awesome txt msgs today-the first from aly-one of my adventurous, oklahoma/texas, fun, kamp friends who currently lives in the dfw area. hoping we can get together a little more frequently-one of the things i would love to do with her is going to the climbing silo..i should try to get to some of her volleyball team games too-she coaches a club team, and that's what we're trying to schedule against, because it is prime time for them. but it was good to hear back from her and see what her schedule is looking like. for living as close as we do, we don't get together nearly enough!

the other txt was from one of my friends who put an offer on a house!! taking the big leap! woohoo!! i can't wait to hear more about it! i am so excited for her!! if she can get the neighbors to move out, i'd buy the house next to her and we could dig an underground tunnel for emergencies...and to hide stashes of...well, nothing really...i just think it'd be fun to have a tunnel. for real though, i am super excited for her! can't wait to hear the final verdict!

one more day off campus. i really do not enjoy being off campus this much-4/5 days is not ideal. friday i will be back on campus, and i will have my work cut out form me-so much catching up to do that i just haven't been able to catch up on. and that gives me an anxious feeling in the back of my mind, knowing that i am not getting the things done that need to be gotten done. it's hard to be effective this way.
(continued 1/28)
map training was actually very good, and it will be useful-especially going into next year if we leverage it correctly and really use it the way it should be used...a great tool for rti.

tomorrow i need to lock myself in my office and finish my curriculum pacing guides-ugh. but i also need to meet with 3 teachers during their plannings-never a dull moment. i'm sure it will all get done.

 i think i may need a personal day soon-i don't know if i will be able to go 'til spring break! how ready am i for spring break, you ask? well...considering that i am going to see another one of my bffs (haha) i should just call it my posse, or gang or something...another branch of my entourage-smile. but seriously, one of my many favorite things about shea is this:
i always feel really special when i get a call or when i actually call-which i don't do nearly enough-
when we first got to know each other at a retreat, this is how she put her contact info in my phone, and at first i had the hardest time trying to locate shea in my contacts...but i've gotten used to looking up God first (others second, i'm third #shoutoutk2 ). and it still makes me chuckle every stinkin' time! so there's that, and to be very clear, about being ready for spring break please refer to the pic below.
my hammock has been sitting in the ready position for a few weeks now. 
today was beautiful. thank you, dallas, for the smell of freshly cut grass at the end of january! what a delightful smell! it was a windows down kind of a day! again, thank you, dallas. you may curse me with allergies, but at least you gave me a summer smell today! #summerscomin #butnotsoonenough

alrighty then...let's wrap it up and call it a night, i am between reading and writing letters, we'll see which one wins out!

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment