Monday, November 7, 2011

will it storm tonight? who 'nose'..chaco doesn't really care.

i definitely should NOT have tried to jog/walk on the treadmill the other day...my back is remonstrating against me. boo and ouch. it was much more difficult going down the stairs today than walking up. and today when i was ready to leave, the elevator was down, so i took everything back to my room and reconfigured so i could take as little home as possible.

i love it that it is raining outside right now and it's still nice enough to sit out on the balcony with a cup o joe (coffee, not a cup of joe montana) and relax. i loved it when i was up in iowa and the rain would come rolling in on clouds and the lightning was everywhere. my parents' garage faces the oncoming weather, so it was like hg..3d tv and all that jazz...i had a great set-up with my camp chair and a blanket, chai tea latte and some classical music. i love it when memories like that linger.

one night there was a tornado warning and my mom and dad were inside playing cards with friends, so dad popped his head out and said, "if you hear what sounds like a train, you should probably come on in and go downstairs, because it's probably a tornado." then he went back in to finish their game.

chaco had no desire to join me outside-
yes, he merely stuck out his snout and mumbled, "go out without me."
so bruno, feeling adventurous, joined me for a bit and then started barking at the neighbors, so we ventured back inside.

this daylight savings thing is killing me-i hate that it gets so dark and it feels like it's 10 pm when it's only 8:30. grr. i definitely had to check twice this morning on the way to work because it was so much brighter out-i thought i might be late...never~

goodnight...early,
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment