Monday, November 21, 2011

dear animal cops, i like you more than traffic cops-your job is validated

it's been a busy day. i should not start my days off watching animal cops-it makes me very sentimental with my boys...and i make sure they know how lucky they are. today that may or may not have included a trip to petco-i'm a sucker. i spent way too much to get them ready for our little trip.
bruno went for a sophisticated plaid collar
so chaco chose his...
rebel.
we helped a lady find a harness and figure out how to use it, played with a few toys, i made them put back a few toys.

then i made my own trip to walmart for some needed items (hopefully this set of hair products will work as well as ouidad, otherwise, i'll just have to shell out the money and get the real deal next time). i got a massager, but my back needs deep tissue and this thing just vibrates a little. no good.

after that, i swung over to 1/2 price books and got another gre study guide because i can't find the first one. it's not like it should be difficult to find, it's bigger than keys; i think i left it at school. i bought #2 because i forgot that school was open today even though we're not there. oh well. i can sell them back. then i went across to u.s. toy to get some nick knacks to try to bribe my kids to get their AVID agendas signed by their parents. i will stoop to get signatures. 

then i took hillcrest all the way home, stopping only at quick trip because the gas was 3.02! i was excited because i was hitting every green light, and i was averaging 42.7 mpg in the city.
thank you, utila! now let's see how you do on the hwy!
and i was so wrapped up in this that i thought it strange that a cop had almost come to a stop and as i drove by, i heard a truck horn, so i looked in my mirror, but i didn't see any truck...weird. well, by the time i got to the next light, which was turning red, the cop was behind me and he turned on his lights. when he came up to my window, he asked, "do you know what a school zone is?" and i'm sure i looked very confused. i looked at him and said, "yes i do." "did you realize that you whizzed right past me when i had slowed down? you didn't hear my air horn when you passed by?" again, confusion. "no, i know i've come through two school zones that i slowed down in, but they both had resume to 35...and when you blew your horn, i couldn't figure out why you were stopping and then i thought you were stopping for a truck because i heard a truck horn! i had no idea it was a school zone. i didn't see any lights nor signs." so he told me to pay more attention and went back to his car and turned off his lights. whew. today i am thankful for forgiving cops. (not me forgiving them, them forgiving me)...it was probably because he saw the word FAITH on my shirt and he didn't want to get struck down by GOD! well, the other thing is, i had my radar detector on, and i know he didn't have his radar on, so he really couldn't give an exact speed. hmmm.

when i finally got home, i emptied out the cooler (with the toys i still need to give to my mom for their care packages), i put as much inside as i could, then picked it up with some stuff on the top, balancing my 44 oz diet coke from QT with my mouth and slowly, precariously made my way one victory step at a time to the third floor. 
thank you, thank you very much, thank you.
well, that will have to suffice for now.
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment