Tuesday, September 27, 2011

1 in 4 wins, but 1 in 3 julies is me!

this morning i had to go to training, so i took the easy route-yep...it's down the street on the way, and guess what! IT'S MONOPOLY TIME AGAIN!!
1 in 4 what? people? tickets? items? one in 4 golden arches have winners?
i know, i just gave everyone a perfect reason to go by and get  an apple pie!... umm... when i got to my training and sat down, one of the trainers looked down her register and said, "who's julie robinson?" and i raised my hand. she said, "that's me! i'm julie robinson too!!" and a split second after that, a gentleman in the back row looked over and said, "hey! are you the julie i've been sending all the emails to who's been emailing back saying they're not for her? i took you off my list!"  

he must've been the principal from truett; maybe i should've kept getting his emails-they were pretty informative. yes, i was getting random emails from random people at their school, so i (nicely) let them know that i thought they had the wrong julie robinson, and would they kindly take me off their list?

but how random is that? my parents weren't unique and original in naming me. but that's ok, it works.

my sub thanked me for leaving such an easy lesson. hmm..it was kinda funny when i walked into the room i think she might have been trying to figure out her smart phone, but she tried to hide it like she wasn't doing anything. i guess she totally wasn't expecting me to walk in. smile.

when i saw the monopoly piece this morning, it reminded me of when we tried to have game nights when i was young. i'm sure we played different games, but my favorite was a game called payday i think i liked it because of the silly pictures.(side note-payday is also one of my favorite candy bars) it was set up like a map and it had medical bills, and groceries and things like that, which you didn't want to land on! it was pretty cool...until STOP THIEF! came along "the electronic game of cops and robbers" now, THERE was a game! we played that often, and it actually became a bond between our family and the bells-one of the families from our church (their daughter, pam and i used to play have fun doing silly things..i remember they had a garden and if i remember correctly, one of the things we used to 'harvest' was strawberries! yum).

well, have a great evening, but steer clear of boardwalk unless you own a hotel there!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment