Sunday, September 4, 2011

awww fudge...

oh goodness. if i'd known how addictive peanut butter fudge was, i might not have made it. it's so stinkin' good!! perhaps i didn't remember how good it was because i always made my way straight for the chocolatey fudge, with the thinking that fudge should by nature be chocolate-like. co-workers, i will bring some tuesday (if the boys don't eat it all... i can't really blame it on a roomate or anyone else).
smooth deliciousness.
it was super easy to make too! 
4c sugar
1c milk
butter a glass pan-9 X 11
bring to boil & boil for 4 minutes remove from heat and add the following; stir until smooth
2c peanut butter
1 Tbsp butter
1Tbsp vanilla (or maple syrup)
pour into pan and refrigerate until firm.
 
today i got a call from mom. it wasn't exactly a fun call. my brother is about a year and 1/2 older than me and not feeling great. he had to go into the hospital last night for an emergency operation. so please pray for him and his wife and their kiddos. i don't know how long this is going to keep him out of work, and i know it is not going to be an easy time. i only wish they didn't live 11 hours away!

and apparently my parents are driving from iowa to michigan on tuesday to help my grandma fix up their deck. i love my parents they really are great!

i have been hormonal and i know it because i cried after a chevy commercial. really? (pretty sure chaco had a tear in his eye too) a truck commercial?? so today i forced myself to drink the recommended amount of water (not that it'll help); now i feel like a stinkin' water balloon. boo. so to reward myself, i made a homemade pizza, only i had to substitute cheddar/jack for mozzarella.
it taste great, even with cheddar! pleasantly surprised.
 i know kinda' random that i went from fudge to my brother to pizza, but that's the way my brain works...deal wid it!

 and the non-laborious weekend continues!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment