Wednesday, September 14, 2011

get your butts out from under my mat!

WEDNESDAY. wednesdaywednesdaywednesdaywednesday. (i have no idea why my spell check just put a long red line under that).

today we finally got our message board back up in the bathroom! it's about time!
notes are fun.
i would've paid money to watch justice bader ginsburg jump down the emergency chute. (not much, but perhaps spare change)-poor lady. i guess i'll have to stop using the phrase: yeah, right...when ruth bader ginsburg slides down an emergency chute! i wouldn't wish that on anyone of her age. although, it might make for good memoirs.

leave it to bruno to mock...

"mama, look at me! i'm ginsburg!" (chaco had no idea what he was talking about.

we have been collecting and collecting ideas to write about with my kiddos and then we chose a topic. today we worked on organizing our ideas so that they could write a focused personal narrative. so hopefully tomorrow they will come with their homework completed so that they can begin working on their first draft! (i went out to get their 'special' draft paper today! yellow legal pad paper).  they are so ready to get started!

when i got to my door, i looked down at my welcome mat and it seemed to have a bulge under it. it looked like when you leave a key or something small for someone under the mat. so i thought to myself, 'hmm..did someone stop by and leave something for me?' so i knelt down to check it out and when i lifted the corner, i was surprised to find a pile of cigarette butts. what in the world? they were piled up in a little pile. someone was smoking in the walkway and swept them under my mat. so i kicked them out from under my mat because i didn't want to pick them up. perhaps i should have taken them and divvied them up between the other neighbors on my landing. boo.

have a great night-no ifs, ands or 'butts' about it!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment