Tuesday, June 21, 2011

i'm so glad i didn't have to smack down at the tire place!

as i sit here typing, i think i may be inhaling fumes from next door. i don't know where it's coming from, but there is some strong smell happening right now (my syrup-neighbor moved, not creepy), and they're re-doing his place, so it could be from that.

this morning i was rudely awakened by a huge clap of thunder-the boys had no idea what was going on. and at 3a.m.i was hoping that i would wake up and have enough air in my tire to get me to the dart station; in my groggy state i was envisioning myself in the parking lot in the dark rain trying to get the spare out (mind you, my car is still full of everything-school right now). thankfully i got to the dart station safely! i just saw something on the news, if i had seen this, i might not have been so gung-ho about getting on the rail!

on the way to the conference, there were some unexpected delays, and the worst was when the conductor person came on and let us know that the train was stopping for service at union station (one stop shy of mine), so i got out and kinda' followed people around. i had no idea where i was going. i found a bus up on the street and i asked the gentleman driving the bus how to get to the convention center and he thought about it for a second, and couldn't give me directions, but said, "hop on, i'll just take you up and drop you off right now, i go that way." i'm the only passenger on the bus at this point, so on the short commute, i mention that my uncle used to drive a bus up in iowa. yep, just a little awkward talk on a bus with a bus driver who was probably now wondering why he offered to give me a lift. but he got me there and i am grateful.

then on the way back, i barely missed the train i wanted; the conductor-type was watching me cross the crosswalk even, and i know he was laughing inside when the doors closed just before i got to them-loser. so i waited for the next one, and when i finally got a seat, i could smell old business guy's breath even with his mouth closed..it was like 'death-in-my-mouth' breath. and then his buddy across the aisle by the other window missed his stop because he was nodding off and so the guy beside me chided him a little. well, his friend got off at the next stop. then guess what. my seat-guy starts nodding off (i notice as i try to inconspicuously glance over). well, about 3 stops later, the train was at another stop and he jolted awake and almost pushed me into the aisle because he thought it was his stop-but noooo...it would be the next one. no apology.

and when we got off, electric wheel chair guy made me feel like a snail-he whizzed by me like road runner and i could barely keep up!
this guy in an electric wheelchair made me very jealous-i want one.

once i got back to the car, i was hoping to maybe eke out one more day from my tire, but mr. tire looked up at me and said he was feeling rather deflated. so i took the ol' g6 to AA tire, which i found on the internet. on the internet, the reviews were good and one person even said that the office was neat and clean...(that person must've had a seeing eye dog that lied to her).i didn't get an indoor pic, but here was the outdoor the scene:
this guy's mustache was so typical old mexican movie mustache.
 i parked my car and went in to tell the old man what i needed and he went around to see if he could find a tire that worked for my car. so once he finally found one, he told me to pull in and someone else had pulled into the other slot. well, the young man who had come out to help me with my tire was confronted by the other car (we'll just refer to them as the rude car who thought the owned the world). anyhoo, they started telling him all of their problems and when he acknowledged them, he then came back and began to jack up my car and they got huffy- "why are you working on her car and not getting our tire for us? she just pulled up!" he was a little flustered and i just looked at them and said, "because i got out of my car and explained what i needed and i have been inside taking care of business-and yes, i arrived about 5 minutes before you." i don't think the guy really wanted to go help him. he he he. not trying to be mean, but i really don't like rude, bossy people!

rude, bossy people are yucky, 
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment