Sunday, June 26, 2011

don't jump, little radio..don't jump! (i still need you)

you may or may not know this little fact about me: i don't like water nearly as much as i should. in fact i have rationed out my water to know how much i should be getting daily to remind me to drink it. it wouldn't be as much of a problem if it tasted like diet coke and was carbonated-then i would have no problem getting more than my daily allotment. bruno agreed with me, although his comment was if water tasted like bacon and was a solid, he'd enjoy it much more. he is really not enjoying my syringing it into his mouth.

i decided it was a good time to recharge my mini-weather-radio today too (i remembered) that way it'll be ready for the next storm! so to recharge it i needed sunshine-solar powered. well, if you remember, my apt is on the north side, which means i get a very limited amount of sun...it barely grazes the ledge on my balcony after noon. we decided to be safe about it (we, being the radio and me); my mind is branded with the motto: safety first, safety last and safety in between, so i went ahead and hooked up the carabiner to a strong support.
don't jump!
i still need to figure out what mile markers i am between so i can figure out what is going on when they forecast!

it's a slow news day, so i was digging through some papers and pictures and found these-which are from previous posts. the first is that monkey i mentioned. he loved to be held, but got really mad when it was time to let him down. when we were visiting this missionary family, i also became very intrigued by the star trek series (book) and an incredible computer game (remember it was back in the day) it was a logic game where you had to ask yes/no questions-i loved it! it was engaging. 

my hair was going for the farrah faucett flair.
 then there was the drawing that bruno mentioned-here he is...the inspiration came from a national geographic cover, and you may not be able to tell, but the hair is small lines, and the face is all dots-stippling.

just thought i'd share those with you because i found them.


make sure you're getting enough hydrogen and oxygen this summer!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment