Sunday, June 19, 2011

dad's father's day card will be late this year

it was a crummy week because i really didn't feel like it was a week off. it was especially not ideal because of the lack of movement issues (but now that i've gotten the meds i needed, we're slowly getting back to a good place). the boys weren't happy because we couldn't go walking, and play in the house was limited. we did a lot of napping this week. i didn't get a chance to go get a fathers day card until i went to the pharmacy. so my dad will be getting that late. boo. i'll call him, but bummer that i couldn't get the card off on time!

i certainly appreciate my dad. he has taught me lots of things that have come in handy. a lot about art, colors, shapes and lines- i never loved the critiquing, but it helped me to become better.he taught me about being handy, and how to effectively use duct tape, epoxy, and hangers to create pretty much anything and how to fix almost anything that was broken (at school, i'm usually the one that says, 'oh, don't throw that away, i can fix it!') dad took us fishing when we were little, taught us how to use a bow and arrow, and the bb gun.we went camping for family vacations and visited lakes and rivers and waterfalls-one year we actually went up into canada to camp. he helped my brother build a tree house, at halloween he always made haunted houses out of hay or cardboard boxes for everyone to enjoy and in the winter he would help make huge snow/ice slides and big snow animals.
kitty!

once he painted a huge mural on my bedroom wall when we lived in wisconsin (it looked like walking through a window out into the woods). my dad taught me how to change the oil (although i have since forgotten). his specialty is peanut butter and banana sandwiches. my dad is generous and outgoing, he is friendly and has integrity. but some of the best things about my dad is that he loves my mom and is an amazing example of a Godly father. He has instilled in me the importance of learning and loving the bible, and he has always believed in me.
i'm the cute one

so, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!

julie

2 comments:

  1. this is such a great tribute to your Dad! Hope you are feeling better too. Would love to catch up, it has been a while.
    - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto.

    (not trying to cheat or anything:)

    ReplyDelete