Saturday, May 14, 2011

idiot, read the invitation better

5/13/2011*** i am so mad at myself right now. i am going to post this tomorrow, but i decided to get a head start by looking up the address for theresa's wedding and putting in my phone. i've had the invite up on my door so that i would see it every time i walk out the door-i even had it held up by a magnet which has to do with an ongoing joke.
theresa, i'm soooooooo sorry.


well, for whatever reason, when i got the invitation, i read it over and i didn't look to see what day it fell on and just assumed (go ahead, i know you're thinking it, so i won't write it because it's way overused) that it was on saturday. yep, you know the rest of the story. i looked at it and it definitely says may 13, not may 14. i'm an idiot and i think that officially makes me a poor friend (or a friend with terrible organization skills. i KNOW i should've looked at the calendar and written it on the calendar). lesson learned.

i've been really bad with my mail lately. that will be my goal: to promptly look at all mail and read it. and use my calendar more diligently. i've tried the day-planner..the palm pilot..my coworkers often see things written on my hand. my students see me write on my hand and i just say, "well...if i write it on a piece of paper, i might lose it, but i'll never lose my hand..i hope." one boy said, "you're going to get ink poisoning." i just smiled because his parents might really want him to believe that common myth. (in case you weren't sure, unless you're a pen vampire and you drink the ink you cannot get ink poisoning-it is non toxic unless taken internally).

ok, but back to my dilema. i am so frustrated with myself that it's making me a little nauseous. i'll have to redeem myself; how does one redeem themselves from something like that? i could try to locate their honeymoon vacation and serenade them or something...but that would just be weird.

i'm 0 for 2 on weddings this spring. and both involve people very dear to me. what is going on?

--------------------
it's saturday morning and i'm just as disappointed now as i was last night. it throws off my entire weekend because the wedding was really all i had planned for today. and to see everyones' posts on facebook about it gives me that 'grr..ummmmff..grrr' feeling in the pit of my stomach. but what i've seen so far is simply beautiful!

disappointed,
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment