Friday, May 13, 2011

the cat must've told the raccoon to do it

i couldn't get into blogspot to post yesterday-it was in a read-only mode. which was probably good because i had so much work to do last night! yesterday after school in my story-writing class, one of the girls very seriously informed me that there are talking cats in mexico and they have red eyes (must be the tequila). i let her know that there is no such thing, and it made me wonder, should i expose these truths to them, or let them keep believing in fairytales and myths? at what age do you tell them to stop being gullible?

and today i was reading through some expository books my kids wrote; it's the first time they've done much research, exploration. in fact, it was not on purpose that i read the page i read-it fell while i was binding them! and it was about a raccoon. hmm..interesting. did you know that raccoons can ruin things? like your house and your computer. maybe that's my problem. those raccoons that the neighbor was talking about (the ones that are the size of midgets-her words not mine) they've somehow managed to get in and ruin my computers (the boys must have been fighting in my room while all of that was going on!)

i'm thinking i might need to go around the complex and see if i can find the maintenance guys pulling carpet from an apt and snip a few pieces off of the discarded roll to try to do an patch job. it bothers me more and more; i wonder if i can get them to spring for a new flooring; i've been here a long time. too long.

oh, by the way did you catch the fact that it's friday afternoon and i came home and bound 40 plus books for my class?
strangely i really enjoy binding books...that's actually gigi's binding machine in the background-she's allowed me to use it because we do books.
i do love binding, i don't know why. that's why i try to get my kiddos to do so many books! i might even get bruno and chaco to make one. i'm guessing chaco will write about the time he saw the raccoon sneak in and he pretended not to see the pest and instead distracted bruno in the bedroom by fighting over a chew toy while the raccoon put a spell on my computer and ruined it.

alright, it's 'bound' to be a great weekend! one of my dear friends is getting married tomorrow!

jules

No comments:

Post a Comment