Friday, March 2, 2012

shmiggledee shmaggledee humdumdee do...dear dr. seuss, thank you.

happy birthday dr, seuss! i was thinking about wearing my grinch socks, but i couldn't find one of them. just saw chaco chewing on it. nice.
i began most of my classes today by telling the students that it was dr. seuss' birthday, he was born in 1904 and now he's dead. i guess that doesn't sound very sensitive...perhaps i could've used 'passed away' or 'no longer with us,' but nope...dead. that's what came out of my mouth! none of my parents volunteered to read-probably because of the whole reading in public thing...they probably didn't realize that we had the book in spanish as well....so i just figured it was going to be me and the kids today, but....WE HAD A GUEST READER SHOW UP!!!
mr. hise, our former principal showed up and read the inspirational classic 'oh, the places you will go!' the kids loved it! thanks again, mr. hise!
after he left, it was back to me reading the lorax to the kids. they were excited because it comes out in movie today. cute book, great theme. a little more substance than green eggs and ham.
they came up with the idea to create mustaches for us to wear while we read the book. they were on a Popsicle stick- cute idea, but too difficult to hold and read at the same time!

then we were supposed to have a meeting for the murals that we are going to be painting throughout our school, but i was the only one who showed up. i almost like it better that way because i was able to make all of the plans myself! not only that, but i didn't interrupt myself or cut me off! i love 1-on-none meetings! anyhoo, we'll be preparing and doing some work at the end of spring break and then we have our volunteers coming on the 24th. good times.

i've already finished almost all of my pomegranate green tea-it was soooooo good!! i am going to the celebration of the bridge that isn't opened. tell you about it tomorrow!

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment