Wednesday, April 25, 2012

good thing the screw in my knee was plastic!

so, when i went in on monday to have the mri on my back, i kept hoping that the screw they put in my knee when i had the first acl surgery was plastic...a scene from ncis was playing through my head of a dead man in the mri and something under his skin started moving and a needle that had broken of in his skin flew out of his neck and stuck into the mri machine! bad scene to have playing...

so i lay there motionless with the headphones on (i don't know what purpose they served because i couldn't hear a thing that was playing), and the machine kicked in with some sharp pounding noises-sounded like i was in the middle of a construction zone wit jack hammers around my head. then it switched to a strange mating call of some sort of goose. from there, some more jack hammers and then it went into a techno-tronic beat...strange. the best part was that the screw in my knee must be plastic!

then yesterday i started a steroid pack...i think it started to kick in today because today wasn't so much painful as it was simply discomfort. progress.

today i decided on salad for lunch, and made a dressing that i really loved!

2 Tbs oil
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
a pinch of dill
a few shakes of crushed red pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs dijonaise
1 tsp truvia

shake it all up and love it! the dijonaise has about 5 calories, no worries.

one more day of staar testing. boo. good luck fifth graders! good luck me. today i was so going to take my bathroom break and take some nail clippers with me to the bathroom to clip my nails because i forgot to this morning...i looked through every pocket in my purse and i couldn't find one set of clippers-i usually have two! grr. so i just went ahead and did what everyone else does...business.

oh, and i have been enjoying my green morning smoothies...this morning i tried a little peach, some banana with grapes, kale and red chard-one of the better ones so far...it's what's for breakfast these days.

good day-
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment