Monday, October 10, 2011

the waves came crashing into my classroom! i'm glad i painted my toenails for the occasion!

this morning i woke up, planning  on going to walmart. contrary to popular belief, i didn't go JUST for the orange toenail polish...my main purpose was cold medication. the toenail polish was an afterthought!
it doesn't look nearly as bright as it is-apt. lighting is ridiculous!
my car payment says it's due today, so i was all in a rush to get to the credit union to pay (new acct, new set-up, not being  withdrawn yet, etc), so i rushed over there during my lunch, battled traffic on 635 like a dragon warrior- UTILA is good at weaving 101...in and out, in and out...then, not knowing where it was, i made a wrong turn (even with the gps) and had to make a huge loop around. then when i finally got there, i was thrilled that i got a great parking spot! only to realize when i got inside that the lobby was closed because it's stinkin' columbus day! boo. (not a halloween boo, either!)

so i made my way back and b/c i was running a couple minutes late, i couldn't stop for lunch. well, i forgot that i hadn't eaten until tonight when i got home and ordered chinese/japanese...dirty knees...i realized that guess what. i was indeed hungry!

while at work, i did get the opportunity to find a home for one of my witch stickers-she'll be around for decades to come (maybe, right?).
no one mourns the wicked...
i know everyone has been wondering how the ocean c.d. has been working out at school-well, today is the day i finally remembered to pull it out of my bag (mostly because i really needed a relaxing something or other). well, it worked out fairly well for me-i'm pretty sure that the students had no idea what it was.
works for me.
it's one of those evenings when i feel like there is something important that i am forgetting. i hate that feeling, because i know it'll come to me (probably 5 minutes too late).

hope you celebrated christopher columbus day by exploring and invading new lands,
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment