Wednesday, October 17, 2012

fire alarms at my school are like the little boy who cried wolf..only different b/c firemen come.

this afternoon, i was actually going to work on my school bulletin board, but i got sidetracked and found posters from last year and the year before that i wanted to put up. so i pulled out way too many. then i sorted through and made some decisions. the hardest decisions were where to place them.

so i finally decided to hang one from the tile ceiling in the room. we have those tiles you can push up, so i went to push one up to hang something and as soon as i pushed the tile up, the fire alarm went off. well, there were no kids, and so i knew it wasn't a drill, and they usually come on before-hand to let us know they are testing, or whatever. well, there was no announcement, so i jumped down from my chair, my room in shambles still, and grabbed my purse and my bag and walked out into the hallway, when i heard two other teachers down the hall. i was actually a little worried that i had tripped some wire or something when i lifted the tile (you never know what type of work those bond people have done!)

so i went down to see if they were leaving, and they were just sitting around. one of them said, "this happens like twice a week." so i went back to my room to pick up and finish up. after about 4 minutes, the sirens were in front of the bldg, and the firemen came on in. oops. perhaps we should've gone outside...umm. well, after going to the restroom, i went back to my room and unplugged the space heater and hid it in a  box. then i finished up and took off. bulletin board = not done. grr.

and on the way home, i was thinkin' i really didn't want to cook tonight...i wish i didn't live on restaurant alley-addison, you're killin' me! but i entertained myself while i waited!
look at me, i'm an electric box...no, wait, look again! i'm a robot with really long legs!!
 sooo...i obviously need to work on spelling with my bilingual kiddos and teach them some spelling patterns!
i guess bubbles can be considered a liquid (before they become the bubble capsule)..but umm...boobles? maybe liquid holders?
ramping up for tomorrow night! parent conference!

goodnight,
julie


No comments:

Post a Comment