Monday, October 1, 2012

chat customer service folk make me write in CAPITAL LETTERS...

my conversation with the clear person (internet provider) went something like this:

Arren:  Thank you for contacting Clear Web Chat Support. My name is Arren. Please give me a moment to pull up and review your account.
Arren:  Pleased to meet you online. How are you doing today?
julie:  i already had someone helping me-do i have to start all over again
Arren:  Oh I am sorry for that.
Arren:  How may i help you today?
julie:  that person asked me to take off the battery cover of my hotspot to reset the device so that they could reset the password and we got cut off b/c obviously the connection was lost
julie:  i am having problems logging onto the wifi with a new ipad-apparently the password is not working
Arren:  If I understand you correctly,you cannot connect on your IPAD suing your clear device,correct?
julie:  the previous agent talked to someone in tech 2 or something and they were basically going to reset it from there
julie:  yes
Arren:  I understand your situation and I apologize for the inconvenience. But I will be more than happy to assist you with that!
Arren:  can you please provide me the mac id of the clear device?
julie:  (i gave him the #)
Arren:  .I am sory however that is not the correct mac id.
julie:  it's a wipipe and the number is (i repeated the #)-the smaller device is the usb port with the #0-----------
julie:  my phone # is ----------- if we get cut off-i do not want to go through all of this again
Arren:  Oh I see.
Arren:  Sorry however I am only seeing a USb device on your account not a clearspot.
julie:  strange because i have been using it for the past 2 or 3 years, and i ordered it from you guys-
Arren:  Sorry however I can only see 1 device here on your account and that is the USB.
julie:  ok, great, what do you suggest that i do????
Arren:  .Do you still have the box where it came from?
julie:  yes, part# PHS300CW upc cODE 094922229595 mac aDDRESS (same #) serial number MM090303301287
Arren:  Is that a CLEAR device?
julie:  i don't have the covering that had my address and the return address, but i have the original box-it came from one of your warehouses. i was going to get it at best buy, but i decided to get it from CLEAR. YES, IT IS A CLEAR SPOT-PERSONAL HOTSPOT
julie:  WIPIPE
Arren:  .I am sorry however we cannot locate any device under your account .
julie:  ok, now i am getting a little upset. OBVIOUSLY I HAVE ONE OR I WOULDN'T BE wasting my time here. find someone who can give you a suggestion about what to do.
julie:  please
Arren:  I understand that but on our end here we only see a USB device on your account w/c is active and no clear spot device.
Arren:  We need to have a mac id.
julie:  AND I GAVE YOU THE MAC ID!! WHAT NOW?
julie:  (repeat the number for the 4th time)
julie:  do you not have a way of tracking it?
Arren:  .Sorry however we do not have any mac id of that .
julie:  great. thanks for nothing-i don't know that this is going to work out for me. i have been using this device for the past 3 years-i may just have to switch carriers
Arren:  I really understand that but in order to have it check you need to remove the battery of the device so that we can get the mac id .
julie:  great. that's what the last person told me and that was when we got cut off because obviously we lose connection as soon as i do that. thanks.
Arren:  I understand that however we still need to get the correct mac id/

(and i'm guessing arren isn't even a real name, if i sucked that bad, i wouldn't use MY real name!) i mean, did you read the part about Arren:  .I am sory however that is not the correct mac id.(obviously this person hasn't heard about customer's usually right)...
so i copied the message, then i opened the device and took out the battery and guess what! 1. the number was the SAME NUMBER I HAD BEEN GIVING HIM..2. we got cut off. i am pretty sure that this is their routine way of getting rid of customers that they are not able to help. jerks.

so this is where i give my non-endorsement of their customer service. this happened twice. i am pissed. i thought about getting back onto their chat again and copying the transcript so the agent can just read through it, and keep doing that until they get tired of it and find someone who CAN help me. jerks.

all i want is to be able to get on the internet wifi through my hotspot with the ipad...that's all. why does it have to be so difficult-heart rate= higher than it needs to be.

and so, it goes-i have much difficulty with chat-customer service folk apparently!

i received my first newsletter, bearing great information:
yep, so not sure if you can see that or not, but the newsletter i received from 'retirement millionaire' just gave some great advice-not sure if you can see that, but it says that wine helps maintain bone strength for women better than milk....just sayin.
almost as good was the segment that said people who eat a little chocolate 5 times a week have lower bmi than those who only eat it twice a week...i like that study as well! who knew!

today after our school staff meeting, we had a leadership meeting...then i was going to try to get something done, not realizing what time it was, when one of my coworkers popped her head in and suggested a chili's stop-half price appetizers! so i agreed, since i haven't gone out to eat in ages. it was great to relax and get away from school...i looked at my watch and could hardly believe that it was already 5:20...boo.

well, i should've gone to the bathroom before i left the restaurant, but i figured it was close enough to my place that i could make it...well, when i got out of my car, i was wishing i'd gone because i dropped my leftovers and had to bend down to pick it up for the boys, then i grabbed the rest of my bags and on the turn to go up the second batch of stairs, my lunch bag fell, and i again had to bend down to grab IT! and once i got to the door and struggled with the key...i was pretty sure i wasn't going to make it. well, i cut it closer than i should've, but i did make it...barely. note to self-if you even think you might not make it, just use the bathroom where you are.

goodnight!


1 comment:

  1. My heart rate went up just reading this post!!!

    ReplyDelete