Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ok...so i bought the diet coke. BUT i DIDN'T eat the "chocolate!"

well, this morning i was going to bypass qtrip and not get a diet coke, but then right as i was getting ready to pass it up, something came over me and i swerved in, under the false pretense that i should get fuel while it's still at 3.19...and yes, i got my diet coke-justifying it by saying to myself that my student teacher is only with me a couple more days, and she always has one, so it's tempting. so when she's gone, i will be drinking only water. hold myself to it.

when i got to work, it was important to get started as quickly as possible on my assembly line. when i was younger i remember going to the gm factory with my dad and my brother to visit one of the members from our church, and so i got to see an assembly line; when we were in HONDURAS we went on field trips to the coke factory and a towel factory. many of our students have not gotten to enjoy field trips like this. so i got it all set up and the first class was a trial run. it went really well. i gave them the assembly line experience, and now i am pretty sure that they understand what an assembly line is.

unfortunately i was too busy making the line belt go around and didn't have time to whip out the ol' phone camera...but i have made a replica so you get the basic idea...
very basic franken-ford
it was actually the perfect thing to be doing today, as we were observed. i have no idea what the lady who was observing was thinking, because she did not crack a smile at any given moment....didn't seem like a very happy lady. but guess what.(you don't need to guess because guess what...did it again, did you catch that? because I'M GOING TO TELL YOU!) i do my best work under pressure! in fact, i may have mentioned it before, but when i used to take piano lessons in council bluffs, we had a recital, and afterward, the piano teacher told me that one of the guys in the audience said i needed to be on t.v. acting, not playing piano (not that i wasn't good at playing piano, just that i carried myself more like an actress..could also be that i wore my black skirt, white shirt and insisted on a bow tie with a black blazer..oh, the 80's)

while i was getting my stuff around and ready to go, the drama lady was in my room with my kiddos doing some chanting and marching and other loudness, and i had just come back from the restroom. there seemed to be a foul stench in the air, and i was thoroughly hoping that it had not followed me from the restroom, and as i was walking toward the door, i saw something on the floor that looked like mud, so i got closer and i wasn't quite sure. it looked a little like something chaco and bruno might have left behind for someone to smear on the floor. (it was smeared, not in a neat little, easy-to-pick-up package). and sweet crystal got one of the boys to help her clean it up with some lysol wipes. i am not quite sure what happened--some visitors had been with us earlier, so i don't know whether someone pooped themselves, or just wiped their shoe, but i certainly hope it was the latter!

if it doesn't smell like chocolate, don't eat it.
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment