Monday, February 27, 2012

my boys hold the keys to my heart....if only i could get them to keep track of the keys to my apt.

i didn't get as much done this weekend as i had hoped. i woke up at 2:30 and began to think about things i still needed to do and i ended up changing my alarm to 4:30 instead of 5 so that i could wake up and finish grading 6 wk writings. grr. so it has been a long day. i feel it right now.

when i got home i took the boys out for a walk because it was much too beautiful to not go! so we took the long walk around and ended up at our little dog park and they ran around a bit, then we took off again. we saw signs of spring!
they're just so small in the big yard!

i always feel like i've just crawled out of a big wardrobe into narnia when i walk past these lamp posts.

not sure what the white flowers are, but they are so beautiful! (even more so once i found my keys!)
 well, we got back to the apt....3rd floor and i realized that i didn't have my keys. uh-oh. it was about 5:47 and the office closes at 6, so i made a call and retraced our steps back around. i got no answer, so i left a message asking about getting into my apt if i couldn't find my key..as i retraced my steps, the only thoughts that went through my head were: what am i going to do if i can't find the keys and there is no one in the office? 

 i don't have my car keys or my wallet...i could walk around with the dogs all night...if gigi still lived close, she'd come and get me and i could hang out in her spare room...maybe i could find a cardboard box in the bin and cover up...hmm.

so, as you can imagine, the most beautiful sight in the world was:
relief!
the boys had no idea what was going on-i'm sure they just thought i had alzheimer's or something, "mama, we just did this." but they weren't complaining, they enjoyed the 2nd lap! i'm just glad to be comfortable in the house, because it was beginning to get a bit chilly out there and i didn't have a sweatshirt on. 

may all your belongings remain where they should!
julie

No comments:

Post a Comment