Friday, March 25, 2011

today i smell like fat

all day long i could smell myself. (this is not a good thing because i did not have a beautiful perfume on). as you get to know me, you will learn that i am kind of a jill-of-all-trades. my co-workers know that i enjoy baking and cooking, so last night i decided that i would fry up some blueberry-melon pies in my little fry daddy when i got up in the morning so that they would be warm when everyone got to school. (why fried pies? you might ask, well b/c i was reading a friend's fb post about delicious fried pies, so i decided to look up recipes earlier this week and thought 'shoot! i can do that!' and i made a batch of pie crust and filling and i wanted to go ahead and use it all up).

anyhoo, i got to school and smelled like fry daddy all day long (hopefully no one got close enough to actually smell me). i've come to the conclusion that living in a one-bedroom apartment is not ideal for a baker/cook person like myself. once i bake or cook something, it's so small that there is nowhere for the smell to go except directly to my hair.

my apartment is a love/hate relationship. i love the management (partly because they love my dogs) and they're not just pretending to love them, they literally see me walking up sometimes and come outside the office to greet us! i hate that i live on the 3rd floor, especially because i'm that person who hates making more than one trip up even if it means 5 or six bags on each arm and a back pack and gripping the rim of my diet coke cup in my teeth while lugging an extra 50 lbs up the stairs (which get steeper every time i have a load).

i do love that my dogs sit at the window waiting for me to get home (it's a low window, and i put a little seat there for them to help them be the 'loving dogs everyone wishes they had', and i didn't even have to train them to do it). i've been thinking for awhile now that i would really like to get a nanny cam to see exactly what they do every day because when i leave they watch from the window and bruno barks. then when i come home they're always sitting there watching, and as soon as i get out and start walking toward the stairs they bolt for the child gate, trying to figure out which one i will come to so they can greet me. i have to keep everything out of reach (especially the scissors, bruno tried to cut chaco's hair the other day, and it got messy).**sorry, i like to anthropomorphize my dogs, don't be confused, bruno really isn't a barber. although that would be nice, he could earn his keep!

time to go take a shower and wash off the fat!
jrob

No comments:

Post a Comment