Wednesday, January 22, 2014

after a couple of shots, bruno and chaco finally loosen up...

well...here we are again! another year has rolled around and i kept telling myself that when my birthday rolled around, i was going to play HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the innocence mission(if you haven't heard it, click that there link and get that into your ears....good stuff. so sweet)..needless to say i forgot all about it until just about 5 minutes ago as i was thinking about posting it on everyone's wall on their birthdays, because i cannot think of a person i know who is not beautiful!

well, i think i forgot to play it this morning because as i was coming down the stairs this morning, i was so disgusted and frustrated with one of my unknown, yet to be revealed neighbors...they left this on the stairs:
and the only thing i was thinking about was that if i were walking the boys down the stairs, they'd get injured..so a few choice words slipped past the filter..i was not happy and i got into the car thinking, "i should've written a note." too late, i was off to school-forgot to play my song.

i have thoughtful coworkers- a little breakfast celebration with a couple of sweet cards, and gifts. and of course reminders throughout the day that it was my birthday.

when i got home, i had my hands full, but the mess was still there, so i turned around, put my stuff on my car, wrote up a little note and taped it to the rail, then went back to get my stuff to go upstairs and once again, i could not contain my negative comments-so mad. i thought about putting my apt number on the note to really give someone a piece of my mind...thought better of it-i'd hate to have to make someone cry over spilled beer...
jerks.

and of course, when i got home, bruno was like, "i made dinner!" i walked into the kitchen...a box of spilled milkbones does not a birthday dinner make. (if you're confused by the turning around and manipulation of the sentence structure, sorry...). then they begged me to make party hats and signs. (of course they dictated what they wanted their signs to say)..and after they had them on, chaco looked up and said, "are you surprised? you know, our hats and signs???" umm... "did you not just see me make those hats and signs?" "yeah...so...are you surprised???" i do not think that word means what he thinks it means.
no animals were hurt in the making of this picture. chaco was slightly embarrassed and bruno was mildly bored, but other than that...no incident. it took a couple of shots to get a pic we could use..(not shot shots...although chaco looks as if he'd had a few too many!)
i truly am excited about this year-more for the little things than the big things!

julie

No comments:

Post a Comment